1. Stack up cushions. A fun and easy way to start your re-decoration! Toss a variety of cushions on living room couches, chairs & even on floor space. Choose colours that suit your home or try adding in a new statement colour, mustard is on trend this season. A mixture of winter fabrics like cable knits and quilted fleece instantly add a cozy look. Featured cushions are from Adairs: Oslo Yellow Pyramid $59.95, Harrison Quilted Cushion $59.95, Oslo Yellow knit $69.95
2. Mix in Earthy timber furniture. A touch of timber in the home amongst your chosen colour scheme, creates a serene mood. Why not try a unique piece like this Bentwood Coffee Table from West Elm, $499.00.
3. Every living space needs a Bean Bag! New LiFE! indoor bean bags have just arrived, and we can’t get enough of the Faux Fur Bean Bag ($64.95) and Ottoman ($54.95) set. It’s the cosiest seat in the house this winter, with indulgent softness of genuine fur.
4. Play with printed rugs. What better way to add personality to a room than with a printed rug. We love this rug from IKEA (Lappljung Ruta, $149). You can never go wrong with a geometric black and white print, to contrast with a solid coloured couch or chair.
5. Wrap up with a knitted throw. Great to snuggle up in and great to dress up the couch. Choose some soft draping knits with fringing or one with interlaced metallic thread for an eye catching look. Featured is the Austin throw, $59 from Pottery Barn.
6. Heat up! Electric Wall mount fireplaces are an effective way of keeping warm, and also serve as an attractive piece to add to a feature wall. Pictured is the Dusk Linear Black Wall Mount from Electric Fireplaces Direct, $599.
7. Accessorise! Experiment with metallics, glass or shimmering homewares to add a hint of luxury and warmth to the living room. Choose simple and modern shaped vases or candles holders. Try these Morgan & Finch Vases from Bed, Bath N’ table ($49.95 ea)
8. Relax and Free your hands! Once your re-decorating project is complete, sit back and rest your iPad on a LiFE! iCrib. Not only does it serve as a great iPad or tablet stand, but it’s also a stylish piece to add to your new comfy space. The iCrib comes in a range of colours and prints to suit your interior. Experiment with a hint of animal print this season by opting for the iCrib Savannah, $29.95