|Self care has become a buzzword. It’s sad that we now have to categorise taking time to do things we enjoy as an extra step in our routine’s versus it being a normal, everyday occurrence…. If we’ve learnt anything from 2020 its that slowing down to do what we enjoy and spending time with people we love should be a priority.
A perfect weekend includes at least one lazy afternoon! Some of our favorite lazy afternoon activities include:
- getting lost in a book or journaling thoughts
- hosting a casual get together
- giving yourself permission to mindlessly scroll or play candycrush (or equivalent!)
- crafting or gardening (especially if you’re not good at them – do them for the enjoyment not the outcome!)
- listen to music that makes you zen or smile or dance
- baking something you love but don’t have very often and take it on a picnic
- the classic face mask and bubble bath combo (the skin care versus the cotton kind!)
- calling a friend or family member you haven’t found the time to catch up with in a while
- and what ‘self care’ list would be complete without a nap!
Whatever you chose to do on your lazy arvo, we recommend doing it with an iCrib, a coastal lounger or a adventure mat ;).